The holiday season is arguably the most lucrative time of year for salons, so it’s important to have new and exciting holiday hairstyles ready for your guests. Don’t just cut and color their hair to perfection, add value and cheer to this festive time by showing them novel and merry ways to wear their hair. Give the gift of feeling beautiful and special with three new looks from the team at Sam Villa.
Tilted Crown Row
- Prep damp hair with Redken Guts 10 volume spray foam, spraying directly at base of the hair.
- Blow dry for maximum fullness.
- Create a deep side part from high point of the eyebrow curving to the opposite corner of the back of the head.
- Beginning at the hairline above the brow, take three strands and create a tight cornrow following the parting only adding hair from the left side.
- Directionally blow dry up and back around the hairline utilizing the Professional 9 Row Styling Brush and Professional Ionic Blow Dryer.
- Using a 1.5” Marcel-style curling iron, set the remainder of the hair on base to maintain fullness. Be sure to pin each section to cool.
- Once cool, brush curls out with a gentle touch with the Artist Series Finishing Brush.
- Guarantee long lasting party hair with a mist of Redken Forceful 32 all over.
Blown Out Glam Curls
- Prep damp hair with Redken Pillow Proof Cream Primer through mids and ends.
- Blow dry in horizontal sections with the Sam Villa 1.5” Thermal Round Brush for maximum fullness.
- Create a triangular section from above the outside edge of the brow on either side to the high point of the head.
- Within the triangle, take diagonal sections the opposite direction the hair will sweep and set half off base with a 1.5” curling iron. Mist each section with Redken Iron Shape 11 before placing the iron to protect the hair and hold the curl.
- Below the triangle, set on base with a 1” curling iron, again being sure to pin the sections to cool.
- Once cool, rake through the curls in lower portion with fingers to create airiness and separation.
- Brush out the upper triangle with the Artist Series Finishing Brush into a sweeping fringe floating along the curls below.
- Starting with damp hair create your steep side part, at the edge of left eyebrow.
- Spray Redken Guts 10 volume spray foam at the roots. Work Redken Diamond Glow Dry Oil though mid shaft and ends.
- Isolate from outside edges of eyebrows and up to the crown of head. Clip out of the way.
- Using the Artist Series Polishing Paddle Brush for maximum tension and control, directionally blow dry root area of hair on the shallow side of the part, straight back away from the face. Dry completely in that direction. Continue on the opposite side of head.
- Wrap dry the back and nape in their natural falling position.
- Drop down top/crown section. Starting on the right side, take diagonal forward 1.5” sections and round brush to create volume and direction to the right.
- Using the Artist Series Finishing Brush, smooth out top section by brushing through hair, keeping direction over the right eye.
Credits: Hair: Sam Villa ArTeam; Photographer: Mitch Meyer; Makeup: Keri Hatfield; Wardrobe: Michelle Boucher Assisted by Carmen Nydegger