You have no items in your shopping cart.
With summer officially in full swing it's time to re-evaluate your hair routine to ensure your hair is kept looking its best all summer long. Did you know the seasons play a role on the health of your hair? It's something that we all tend to overlook and not think twice about. We aren't saying you need to completely revamp your beauty routine, but we definitely recommend taking these extra steps to protect your hair.
Check out these 5 summer hair tricks to prevent your hair from drying out and causing damage while soaking up the sun.
1. Protect: Oils like Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine are light and deliver restorative and protective properties that maintain optimal health and control during the summer months. Perfect for 2nd and 3rd day hair and great for adding shine.
2. Temperature: Don't crank thermal tools up during the summer months when hair is fragile, stick to medium and color treated temperatures. And, slow down to speed up. Slowing down the pass with the iron so heat is directed to the sections of hair that need to be altered. This prevents unnecessary heat damage to your hair and you'll be surprised how much faster the style comes together. We suggest using the Sam Villa SLEEKR Iron because it has three different temperature settings (and a specific heat setting for color-treated hair to prevent your fresh color from dulling or fading) allowing you to adjust when needed for the seasons.
3. Spray: Hairspray is a women's best friend, especially during summer when humidity and fly-aways are a factor. Redken fashion work 12 hairspray is formulated with Vitamins C and E to protect hair and prevent color fading, and it provides 24-hour humidity resistance and 8-hour control.
4. Shine: Blondes tend to be less shiny than darker hair hues, so pump up the gloss with Redken outshine 01 hair lotion. It has Vitamin B5 and camelina oil to boost hair's natural shine and control frizz for an ultra polished look.
5. Set: Take advantage of the braid parade. When heading to the pool or beach, put your hair into a messy (or clean) braid then simply take the braid out in the evening for casual curl and texture with that beachy feel — can it be any easier?
Give these 5 tips a try and don't forget your sun block!
Do you have a trick you use during the hot summer months to protect your hair? Share with us in the comment box below.