"You cut my crown area too short last time and I couldn't get my brush around it!" Does that sound familiar?
Here's a great tip for you to use when you want to determine the length to cut in the crown for your curly hair clients who want to blow their hair straight (or any other hair type that needs volume in the crown):
- Ask what kind of round brush they use at home.
- Show them your selection of round brushes to determine the size they use.
- Isolate a section from the crown area.
- Wrap the brush around the section, slightly over-direct.
- The point at which the hair wraps around the brush determines the length.
Use the brush to gauge the length and then just cut the darn thing!