Rihanna is a hairstylists dream come true so daring and open to trying new hairstyles. Last night at the 2014 iHeartRadio Music Awards, she opted for bantu knots. Bantu knots can be done on any type of hair as a style or a set the coarser the texture and the smaller the section, the tighter the curl.
Follow the steps below to learn how to quickly create bantu knots:
- Section hair into manageable sections around the entire head.
- Apply a leave-in treatment like Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine to damp hair to make it more pliable and add control.
- Use fingers or a Sam Villa Styling Brush to smooth the section.
- Apply Redken Real Control Crema Care Daily Nourishing Styling Treatment from roots to ends to help hold knots.
- Roll/twist each section tightly and let it wind around itself to create a tight coiled bun/knot and tuck the ends up into the bun coarser hair will tuck under easier, you can also use a pin to secure.
- For more control and hold, finish with Redken control addict 28 high control hairspray.
Check out these bantu knot hair tutorials that we found on YouTube. Click here and here.
Have you tried to wear bantu knots in your hair? Share your pictures for a chance to be featured on our Instagram and Facebook accounts! Post your pics to Instagram #samvilla.