How To Get Long Waves With Your Blow Dryer & Round Brush
When we need to create beautiful soft waves, we usually pick up our flat iron, but there is more than one way to create a new soft wave! A blow dryer and round brush is the perfect combo to create soft waves that last and better yet, this technique will save you time!
Tools and Products Needed:
- Sam Villa Ionic Blow Dryer
- Sam Villa 2” Thermal Styling Brush
- Sam Villa Paddle Brush
- Redken pillow proof- two day extender
- Redken velvet gelatine 07 cushioning blow dry gel
- Redken fashion work 12 versatile hairspray
How To Create Soft Waves With a Blow Dryer & Round Brush:
- Begin with damp hair and spray Redken pillow proof at your scalp. This will extend the life of your blowout, absorb oils and protect your hair from the heat!
- Next, apply a small amount of Redken velvet gelatine 07, concentrating most of the gel at the ends and work your way toward the scalp.
- Begin to blow dry your hair using your paddle brush to release the moisture until the hair is about 60% dry.
- After you've removed most of the moisture from your hair, pick up your thermal round brush, this will create the curl and volume needed.
Hot Tip: When working with a round brush, remember to let the hair cool before releasing your section. This will create longer lasting curls.
- Working in small sections (no wider than the width of your round brush), round brush all your hair for curl.
- Twist your hair in the direction that you want your curls to go and spray with Redken fashion work 12 hairspray for soft control. [See image below.]
Show us your soft waves and tag your pictures with #samvilla on Sam Villa on Instagram
Discover how to add volume to your hair using a flat iron and your thermal round brush! Click here.