We received a question on our Facebook page from Freida who asked, I just watched the BOBology DVD and I loved it.
I would like to know how you would section and cut the hair if the client wants to angle forward both the right and left sides.
Would you do a complete horseshoe section or use the same partings and simply do a half twist on the left side as well?
First, let's cut in your bob:
- Isolate the horseshoe section on top.
- Cut your bob underneath.
- Drop your horseshoe section and divide front to back (ear-to-ear), cut the back and now let's get in to the front angle.
How to cut a forward angle:
- Begin on the left side and comb all of the hair in front of the ear from underneath and with your comb in the hair slide down to your guideline, keeping the comb horizontal.
- Once you reach your guide in the back, simple swing the comb so it's level with the line in the back and cut a horizontal line.
- Because you are redirecting hair to the back of the head it will leave length in front while removing length in the back.
- Now go through and refine your line by freehanding and voila... you now have a forward angled bob.
- Repeat the process on the opposite side of the head.
That's what I've discovered to be the easiest and most effective way to cut a forward angled bob.
Learn more about the modern bob by checking out BOBology from the Sam Villa Aspire Tour Haircut Series!
If you have any questions or comments leave them in the box below.