Bangs are a great way to drastically change to your hairstyle without losing length. So whether you have a piecy fringe or a full and bold fringe, you can change the look and style of your bangs in just minutes with the right styling tools and know-how! In this video, you'll learn how to take your full fringe and transform it into a soft, side sweeping bangs in a few short minutes! Short or longer bangs...this will work for everyone!
When creating sweeping side bangs, keep the length of your bangs in mind! If you have a shorter bangs, be sure to bevel it under before creating the sweep.
(Click here for the tutorial on creating a perfect bevel in your bangs)
Products You Will Need
- Sam Villa 1 Thermal Styling Brush
- Sam Villa Professional Ionic Blow Dryer
- Redkens Iron Shape 11 thermal spray
- Redkens Fashion Work 12 finishing spray
Now lets begin!
For this technique we will be working with vertical sections! The thicker the hair, the smaller the sections will need to be; the thinner the hair, the larger the sections will be.
- Begin by taking your first vertical section. Spray the section with your Thermal Spray from at least 6" away for even product distribution.
- Take your Thermal Styling Brush with the end pointed up held vertically.
- Place your first section of hair around the brush and then apply the heat from your blow dryer.
HOT TIP: Put the blow dryer down and place your hair in the brush before turning the dryer on. This will make it easier for you to stay in control of the airflow.
- Using a low setting, apply the heat from the blow dryer and begin to spin or roll the hair with your round brush.
- After rolling a couple of times, take the brush out and set your blow dryer down.
- Move on to the next section.
- Repeat steps until you have completed your entire fringe.
- Run your fingers softly through your bangs in the direction that you dryed the hair.
- Finish with a medium control hairspray to keep your bangs in place. We love finishing with Redken Fashion Work 12 for a flexible hold!
HOT TIP: When blow drying your bangs, always use a nozzle so you can control the airflow. This is key for controlling your styles! Because the blow dryer nozzle directs the air flow, you will prevent any frizz and create a flawless finish!
Now that you've learned how to create a sweeping fringe, check out this tutorial on how to blow dry your bangs when you have a cowlick.
We want to see your sweeping side fringe! Share on Instagram with the hashtag #samvilla!!!