Inspired by classic French Twists and Petal Coifs, this modern textured twist can dress up any prom frock, as well as add polish and sophistication to any wedding gown.
How To Create a Textured Twist Up Style
- Working in sections, apply Redken iron shape 11 (to protect, lock in thermal styling and preserve color) and tap the Sam Villa Signature Series Textur iron down each section to texturize the entire head – it expands the hair and creates a solid foundation for updos.
- Directionally blow dry hair back and away from the face with a Professional Styling Brush.
- Isolate the top and crown area.
- Pull the remaining hair into a ponytail.
- Section the top and crown area into two ponytails 4” apart.
- Hold the ponytail ends in one hand and push the elastic up with the opposite hand to create bubbles. Hold bubbles in place and secure.
- Finish with Redken control addict 28 high-control hairspray.
The technique is simple and the result is gorgeous. Try it out and tag us on Instagram using #samvilla for a chance to be featured on our page!Credits:
Hair: Sam Villa
Art Direction / Color: Geneva Cowen
Hair Assistants: George Garcia, Andrew Carruthers, Tina Calzaretta and Mary Urban
Photographer: Shalem Mathew, Assistant: Mitch Kittter
Makeup: Paula J. Dahlberg
Fashion Stylists: Pascal Sauvageau and Jeremie Cote