Photo Credit: Regan Cameron
Marie Claire May 2013
That's one sexy ponytail Carrie Underwood!! Or is it a faux bob? Either way, it's a fresh take on a classic.
How To Create a Faux Bob:
- To create volume at the crown, isolate hair in the crown and nape area, pin and set aside.
- Then, starting 1-2" away from the hairline, take vertical slices of hair, hold straight out from the head and spray with Redken iron shape 11 to protect from heat and hold texture.
- At the base of the slice, compress hair with the professional texturizing iron (tip of the iron pointing upwards) to imprint texture.
- Work vertically around the head until finished.
- Drop crown and nape sections down to hide created texture.
- The volume at the base will create beautiful natural fullness in fine hair.
- Then, gather into a low loose ponytail, secure with elastic and gently pull hair out above the top of the elastic for a faux bob look.
Create double identity in your hairstyles!