Photo Credit: People Magazine
Stunning or what?
A simple hairdo is always the way to go for your wedding day
something that is not over the top, something you may have worn before, something that wont receive the comment, "what the heck was she thinking?" Jessicas stylist, Roque Jimenez says it best, "sexy, easy and ethereal,"
"Nothing too contrived."
This look is best achieved with one-day dirty hair.
- Working with a large curling iron, take large sections and curl the entire head
- For this look, let the curls fall, do not pin them up so the curls relax
- If you want the end result to be curlier, take smaller sections
- Spray each section with a thermal protector such as Redken Iron Shape 11 at least 6 inches away from each section
- Section the top and sides and loosely isolate the rest of the hair with clips
- Drop out about 1-2 inch of the hairline on the top and side section
- Backcomb the entire section except for the 1-2 inch area around the hairline
- Using a styling brush, gently smooth just the top of the backcombed area think organic, not perfection!
- Bring the dropped out hairline section over the backcombed area and secure with bobby pins or hair pins at the base of the section
- Place a simple barrette or ornate pin to hide the bobby pins and add interest
- Using your fingers, carefully rake through the hair to break up the curls
- Finish with a high hold finishing spray that is humidity resistant, such as Redken Control Addict 28 high hold spray
If you love simple and chic styles like this one, check out this tutorial on creating a a super sleek and sexy side part. Side parts are a simple way to change your look without seeing your stylist.
Do you have questions or comments about this technique? We'd love to hear from you! Leave your comments in the box below!