Step 1: Prep Your Hair
- Take horizontal sections and spray a minimum of 6-8" away with Redken quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray to protect the hair from heat and for maximum iron results.
- Use the Sam Villa Textur® Texturizing Iron tapping the plates down the length to texturize the entire head of hair.
- After you have texturized the hair, brush through thoroughly with the Sam Villa Styling Brush to smooth the hair.
- Once this is completed you will be able to create amazing looks for a minimum of 4 days!
- HOT TIPS:
- Purchase a quality shower cap - doing so will allow you the experience of a full shower and keeps your texture set intact.
- Use a dry shampoo such as Redken Powder Refresh 01 to deodorize your hair and remove excess oils.
- You can create amazing new looks every day with three times the volume and minimal styling time -- The Sam Villa Textur® Texturizing Iron is a must have if you are a hair fashionista (or even if you are hair-imparied).
Step 2: Create a High Ponytail
- Start your ponytail by gathering all of your hair to a slightly off center section at the top of your head.
- Did you know? The Sam Villa Styling Brush is one of the best tools you can use to create a beautiful and clean ponytail.
- Begin at the back of your head, brushing section-by-section toward your hand holding your length. Open your hand just enough to grab the hair you just brushed up.
- Once you have a smooth surface secure the pony tail with a hair bungee.
- How to use a hair bungee: Hook the bungee in the front of your ponytail close to your scalp. Wrap the bungee around the ponytail and repeat until the bungee is tight, then place the opposite hook under the first wrap of the bungee. This little gem is a must have for a tight pony that will last all day long. No matter how think your hair is the bungee will provide maximum hold without losing tension.
Step 3: Create Your Shape & Secure
- Brush you hair thoroughly with the Sam Villa Styling Brush from the back toward your forehead where you would normally wear your bangs.
- Set your brush down and use both hands to wrap the length across the area you wear your bangs with the ends facing toward the back.
- Tuck your ends around the back of your ponytail.
- Using large hair pins secure your shape by pinning the shape directly into the hair at your scalp.
- HOT TIP:
- When securing a shape with a hairpin begin by placing the pin thru the shape in the opposite direction, then secure it back toward the desired shape using a hook movement
- This will allow for maximum tension and security
Step 4: Separate Your Bangs
- Use a large hair pin as a pick and gently comb through the front for a slightly airy feeling.
Step 5: Finishing Spray
- Finish with Redken Control Addict 28 high control hairspray, misting from a minimum of 6-8" away from the scalp to secure your hairstyle into place.
Production Team: Geneva Cowen, Tina Calzaretta, Mary Urban, Rafa Bertelli and Jeremy McDougle
Photographer: Shalem Mathew