The perfect blow dry should last at least three days when done right. All you need is the correct products for the hair type, the proper blow dryer - preferably a powerful professional dryer - and the right brush for the desired result. Here's how its done:
- Shampoo and then apply conditioner from mid to ends only (avoiding conditioner in the root area helps promote volume)
- Mix a small amount of Redken satinwear 02 ultimate blow dry lotion with two drops of Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine and apply first to the ends, then the mid shaft (this prepares hair for styling, protects against heat appliances and helps to reduce frizz)
- Divide and clip hair in sections for more control
- Use a Sam Villa Styling Brush (boar bristles are good for smoothing) or the Sam Villa Medium Boar Oval Brush (grabs hair at the root, good for building volume)
- Direct the nozzle of your Sam Villa E-T.C. Light Ionic Hair Dryer to the section of hair on the brush (a professional blow dryer has more power and a cool shot to lock in styling)
- Finish with Redken wax blast 10 high impact finishing spray wax to reduce frizz, add shine and hold volume
- Spray Redken powder refresh 01 aerosol hair powder/dry shampoo at the roots and comb through to extend the life of the blow dry (this powder absorbs oil and refreshes style)
- Option 1/Organic Texture - Braid hair on the evening of day two, take out braids the morning of day three and finger to breakup the organic texture.
- Option 2/Sleek and Chic Apply Redken All Soft Argan-6 Oil to smooth, soften, condition and add shine. Then, define a low side part, brush hair back with the Sam Villa Styling Brush and secure into a ponytail
Do you have any secrets to make your blowout last longer? Share your tips in the comments box below!