Los Angeles stylist Angel V. Prado created lived-in waves with the Sam Villa Sleekr® straightening iron for Quinn Shephard from CBS Hostages for the Peoples Choice Awards. I love Sam Villa tools, they make working with hair so easy. I especially like using Sleekr® iron for creating lived-in waves and other texture, says Prado.
- Starting with dry hair, take vertical sections around the head and spray Redken guts 10 root volumizing spray foam from root to mid shaft, comb through with a Sam Villa Detangling Comb using the wide teeth for even distribution of product.
- Blow dry roots with a Sam Villa Paddle Brush, upwards and away from the face to create movement and lift at the base (until dry).
- Separate hair into two stacked sections (top and bottom).
- Starting at the bottom, use a Sam Villa Sleekr® straightening iron and take vertical sections (place iron in vertically), spin hair once around the iron and pull iron down the hair as if using scissors to curl ribbon.
- Repeat on different parts of the hair strand (ex. first section curl at the base going back, next section only curl the mid shaft going forward) and continue until the entire head is curled. Have fun and keep it sporadic, to create more natural looking texture for the perfect lived-in waves.
- Finish by spraying Redken wool shake 08 volumizing texturizer and lightly shake with your fingers to add separation and movement.