Is Abi the one to watch? We think so!
You might not know her but Abi Alton secures a spot in the Final Four of the Girls category on X Factor, UK.
Hair, makeup and fashion stylists for the show have already given her a makeover and we LOVE this organic look complete with twin braids and the tiny floral hair clips.
Coiff this simple yet timeless look youself:
- Comb your hair straight back away from your face and give it a push at the crown to find your natural part.
- Let your hair fall where it naturally where it wants to fall.
- Place 2 drops of Redken Diamond Oil in your hands and run it through your hair from mid-shaft to the ends.
- Using your Sam Villa Sleekr® Flat Iron use the Ribbon Curl Technique all over the head (see video). Remember, the larger the section the looser the curl will be. If you take a small section the curl will be tighter.
- Begin to plait a braid at each side of the part at the hairline secure the braid with a hair friendly elastic about 3/4 of the way down each section.
- Lightly spritz Redken shine flash 02 over the entire head for a beautiful all over shine.
- Place your barrette or clip on one side of the braids to finish.
You can easily make the clips/barrettes at home! Here's what you need:
- Small fabric flowers
- Plastic rectangular barrette or metal hair clip
- Nail file
- Hot glue gun
- Wire cutter
You have your materials, now let's create!
- Use the nail file to rough up the surface of the plastic barrette or metal clip.
- Use the wire cutter to cut the fabric flowers from the stem.
- Hot glue the flowers to the top of barrette or clip, at random, be sure to cluster the flowers on the surface so it does not show through.
- Once you have all the flowers glued to the surface, turn the barrette or clip on its sides and dab hot glue between the flowers to secure them.
- Allow to completely dry and remove any strings from the glue.
Try this at home and share your results on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter using #SamVillaHowTo.