Lindsey Olson is a seasoned stylist who thrives on inspiration. Her passion and dedication to this industry is truly felt in her innovative creations as a nominee in the 2015 North American Hairstylist Award category for Contemporary Classic & Texture. Click here to jump to our exclusive Q&A with Lindsey as she explains her journey for entering NAHA.
The Chantell Hairstyle
Chantell’s look was done in a way to incorporate vintage and editorial, together-old and new. I envisioned the clothes and makeup to look very undone, as previously stated, disheveled and almost dirty but at the same time I obviously wanted the hair to stand out-not loud but definitely noticeable.
NAHA 2015 Contemporary Classic & Texture Category
Photographer: Nico lliev | Hair: Lindsey Olson | Make up: James Vincent | Wardrobe Stylist: Miranda Cazin | Models: Fenton
Styling Tools of Choice
Styling Product of Choice
Color Of Choice - Rich, Supple Dark Brown Color
Chantell Hairstyle How To
- Work guts 10 into each section blow drying with direction to the top left of the head - this will created the foundation for the look.
- Evenly distribute pillow proof primer and full frame 07 to damp hair and perform a directional blow dry with the Sam Villa Ionic Blow Dryer and Styling Brush to the top of the head - off-set to the left:
- Once the hair is completely dry use cord to create a butchers knot secured pony tail.
- Holding all the hair in one hand, continuously brush all of the hair into that open hand.
- Work the Sam Villa Texture Iron throughout a bundle of hair extensions to create volume in the extensions.
- Wrap the extensions around the pony tail base to create more length.
- Secured the extensions with bobby pins to the base of the pony tail.
- Spray control addict 28 all over the hair then brushed out hair and extension hair together.
- Wrap the hair up into the shape, widening the hair out to enlarge the look.
- Continue working with control addict 28 securing all the hair with a mix of hair pins and bobby pins.
- Use fingers to pull the shape taller.
- Finish with control addict 28 to secure formation of the shape.
To find out what inspired Lindsey to create this NAHA collection click here.
Check out Lindsey Olson's other NAHA how-to hairstyles by clicking the links below.