"Don't act like you're not impressed," with the hair in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy was downright hilarious and must have taken cases and cases of hairspray to freeze in place. Let's face it, Ron Burgundy has a style all his own, which most men can't rock. So, if your man is looking for a more relaxed look, steer him towards an Americana vibe. It's kind of like the new hipster look - think denim, worn-in boots and a rebellious attitude that's polished enough to be mainstream.
- On towel-dried hair, apply a small amount of Redken for Men grip tight holding gel directly to the root area.
- Blow dry hair back using your Sam Villa E-T.C. Light Professional Ionic Hair Dryer and hands to stretch the root area to create volume.
- Apply a half pump of Redken rough paste 12 working material evenly throughout the top and dust Redken powder grip 03 mattifying hair powder through the root area to create a strong matte finish base to support the height of the pomp.
- On towel-dried hair, spray Redken Curvaceous Wind Up reactivating spray.
- With the Sam Villa E-T.C. Light Professional Ionic Hair Dryer on low airflow and low heat, use fingers to scrunch in a random curl texture while drying.
- To further separate the texture after the hair is dry, use Redken maneuver working wax on fingertips to define the ends of the curls.
Hair: Andrew Carruthers for Sam Villa
Photography: Shalem Mathew