Model Sasha Luss went a pretty platinum just in time for the spring 2014 runway shows, and she stood out like a ray of sunshine. Paler than pale platinum blonde is very chic and with unnatural colors being trendy, its one of the easiest ways to make a bold statement without having to go blue or pink. Its totally glam, yet it can be downplayed to a more edgy look as well. BUT, like all beautiful things, platinum hair needs some extra TLC to look good.
- Use Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo and Conditioner, followed by Perfect Platinum Blonde Hair Color Treatment to neutralize brassiness and preserve warm tones for ultra pale to light blonde locks. Its enriched with Grapeseed Oil to condition and protect hair and with Crystal Mica for additional shimmering shine.
- Oils like Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine and Redken All Soft Argan-6 are also great for maintaining softness and shine. Place a couple drops in your hands and rub briskly to warm up the oil when applying for even application. Apply from mid shaft to ends on damp hair as a pre-styler, treatment and/or heat protectant. Add to mid shaft and ends after styling for extra luster, polished texture, conditioning and frizz control. Hot Tip: Stay away from the scalp area unless the scalp is very dry and in need of treatment.
- Always use Redken iron shape 11 to protect and preserve color when using thermal tools and always use the color treated setting on heat appliances. Flat ironing closes the cuticle resulting in maximum light reflection that intensifies color and shine. The Sam Villa Sleekr® flat iron protects the integrity of hair with Targeted Temperature Technology that ensures consistent temperatures for specific hair types. Temperatures are represented by LEDS so you always know your working temperature.
- LOW (Green) 375°F for fine hair.
- COLOR TREATED (Amber) 392°F safe for hair with color.
- HIGH (Red) 410°F for resistant and virgin hair types.
A dramatic hair update can completely transform your look and shake things up for you this winter! Comment below and let us know what bold changes you would like to make to your hair!