So you finally caved in and purchased a dry shampoo, but you can't figure out what all the fuss is about? Before you second guess your purchase, discover these 6 secrets that will have you loving this product in no time!
1. Research your product! There are many different dry shampoos out there. We recommend Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Two Day Extender, here's why. Most dry shampoos get applied after the oil has already taken over your roots, but Pillow Proof Two Day Extender is applied before all of the buildup begins. Its a preventative product that extends your blowout by two days. You just use it as a finisher after your blowout is complete, spritzing on problem areas. Pillow Proof lets you set it and forget it!
2. The point of a dry shampoo is to absorb oils and give a refreshing look to the hair. For best results, we suggest you apply to clean hair or before you go to bed. This will give the product time to absorb the oils and will leave you hair fresh and light.
3. Dry shampoo works awesome as a root lifter! Root lifters often leave a film or crunch to the hair. Dry shampoo absorbs the oils that weight down the hair, so it adds just the perfect lift.
4. Only apply to DRY hair!!! It's a dry product, not intended to work on wet or damp hair.
5. Be sure you shake well, apply evenly but less is better! Don't over apply. After applying, brush through the hair to remove any excess product.
6. Did you know dry shampoo can be used to add extra grip for updos and braids? Simply apply throughout the hair before styling.
Do you have other ways that you've been using your dry shampoo at home? Is there a dry shampoo product that you can't live without? Share your dry shampoo secrets with us in the comments box below!