Professional Swivel Thumb Shear | Signature Series
- More Information
- Signature Series 5.5" Swivel Shear blade length from tip to pivot point: 2.25"
- Signature Series 5.5" Swivel Shear Weight: 2oz.
- Signature Series 6" Swivel Shear blade length from tip to pivot point: 2.75"
- Signature Series 6" Swivel Shear Weight: 2oz.
- Designed by Sam Villa for professional stylists
- Constructed from 100% Japanese molybdenum alloy
- Provides swivel thumb benefits of added flexibility and increased comfort and control
- Rotating crane handle lets you cut with your elbow down in every cutting position
- Handcrafted convex blades that start out sharper and hold their edge longer than typical machine beveled blades
- The forward set thumb puts the hand in a natural, neutral position for reduced strain injuries
- The edge life is extended with the leaf spring tension system
- Polymer lining in the pivot point eliminates the metal on metal grinding of the shears
Handle Design: Classic Series
Work Without Pain
Do you feel pain in your wrist, neck or shoulder at the end of a long day behind the chair? Do you suffer from carpal tunnel or other repetitive strain conditions?
If so, moving to a professional swivel shear will transform the way you work! Our forward set thumb design allows you to maintain a neutral and natural hand position that minimizes strain. With the rotating swivel thumb, you can direct the blades with your fingers, not your whole upper body. Instead of twisting your shoulder to cut length or layers, keep your elbow relaxed at your side and simply rotate the thumb ring. Protect your thumb tendon, wrist, neck, shoulder and back by keeping your wrist straight and your elbow low throughout the haircut.
Protect Your Elbow with 5 Cutting Positions
These versatile shears can be used in five different cutting positions, allowing you to achieve any angle without ever raising your elbow above 90 degrees.
Detailed Precision Cutting
Don’t sacrifice function for ergonomics. Working with your elbow supported against your body not only keeps you safe, it also gives you added control when precision cutting. The shorter blades on the 5.5” swivel shear let you get closer to the head to create clean lines and exquisite detail.
- swivel shears
Professional Swivel Thumb Shear
So far so good! I can tell the difference in my wrist too. After 40 years of doing hair, I am so glad I discovered these!
Love these shears!!!
Swivel is the way to go with shears. So comfortable to use and causes no strain on your hands or wrist.
My favorite shears
These are my second pair, I wore out the first ones after many years of use. They are so comfortable in my hand with the swivels. I couldn’t use any other shear after my Sam Villas
It took me a few days to get use to the swivel but I have to admit I really like the shear. My only gripe is the return hassle when I bought a classic shear that did not fit my hand well, I have not received my refund (less 35.00 for restocking fee) even though they received the shear days ago.
Swivel shear purchase
I love the swivel shears. I’m still getting use to the swivel, but can see the benefit.
Still getting use to shares never had swivel or off set
Reach out to us if you need any assistance acclimating to your new shear. Hang in there! It's worth it! ♥ -the Sam Villa Team
Need more finger attachments
Been using them for 6 days now. Seems to work well! But I really needed more sizes for thumb slots would of thought for that kind of $ they would throw some in with my order ! Would be more affective with correct sizes for fingers!
Love my new shears!
Once I sized the swivel, fabulous! I love them, I've been waiting 2 years to pull the trigger!!
We are so glad you took a shot on us! -The Sam Villa Team
Best shear for my hands
I have the beginnings of carpal Tunnel and changing over to these shears have been a GAME changer. I love the swivel it’s made angles so much easier to get into and so much more functional.
We are thrilled to hear that the shears have helped! This has always been the goal! -the Sam Villa Team
Second pair so first can be sent for sharpening. Bought for Daughters Salon & Spa. She swears by Sam Villa products and having her use them on me I can see why! Highly recommend not only this product but anything in the SV line.
♥Love this♥ -the Sam Villa Team