Jesse Linares has worked full-time in the salon for nearly two (2) decades. He’s a veteran educator of over fifteen (15)years, obsessed with the unique challenges & educational needs of the working hairdresser.
Jesse has taught hundreds of classes from coast to coast in every situation & venue imaginable. He is known for his real-world demeanor & for teaching in language that is down-to-earth, humorous, and easy to understand.
Jesse has trained extensively in all disciplines of hair, working alongside some of the industry's best with the intent and purpose of bringing that knowledge to the salon professional.
Join Sam Villa® ArTeam Member, Jesse Linares as he shares how you can create a visual journey for every client that sits in your chair. Learn how to personalize a cut with disconnection that can enhance bone structure & create a visual surprise using negative space & opposing lines for a one-of-a-kind creative cut.
What You'll Learn:
- Learn how to first construct a cut...Then how & why to incorporate deconstruction based on bone structure & hair type
- Watch how to create disconnection using opposing lines to strategically distribute weight & fill negative space
- See how to create or minimize volume based on the hair type you're cutting
Diagonal, or "round" layering can be used in most haircuts to create noticeable fullness & movement - from classic pixies to modern shags, & even voluminous bobs. Careful sectioning & correct body position are critical to creating these airy shapes. Join Sam Villa® ArTeam Member, Jesse Linares, as he shares how to create a round lived-in lob.
- Discover a simplistic & speedy breakdown for sectioning this cut
- See how the concept of diagonal layering visually follows the head form
- Learn how different lived-in cutting techniques like out-cutting can give this voluminous cut more of a lived-in effect
Discover a unique approach to dry cutting the perimeter on a texture bob. Watch as Sam Villa® ArTeam Member, Jesse Linares takes a free hand approach to creating dramatic texture while removing the length at the same time. This technique is sure to save you time in the salon!
We see no signs of the classic bob shape leaving anytime soon. Do you have difficulty reproducing the graduated bob or tilted bob on the regular? Sam Villa® ArTeam Member Jesse Linares shares a unique approach which builds the graduation in the haircut first. This will provide a more consistent result that you can apply behind the chair.
There isn't another haircut of the moment that is as effortlessly cool as a chin-grazing 'French' bob. Join Sam Villa® ArTeam member, Jesse Linares, as he shares his expert take on this silhouette in under 60 minutes. Jesse will showcase his approach to these beautiful round layers & the different cutting techniques you can utilize on different texture types.
- Hear how Jesse sections this effortless-looking but intricate cut
- Learn Jesse's in-depth cutting techniques that encourage movement away from the face by cutting in the interior
- See how to implement balance & symmetry with proper hand & body positioning that are highly important with these more precise cuts
Today we are talking about the often misunderstood blending Shear, thinning shear, or texturizing shear (whatever you like to call it). Sam Villa® ArTeam Member Jesse Linares explains what it is, what are the things we can do with it when working in the hair, and our creative options. Watch now for tips and tricks when using your blending shears to cut a haircut.