The 2013 CMA Music Festival aired on Monday night (August 12) and Carrie Underwood was a little bit country with a whole lot rock and roll with her Guns N' Roses Paradise City rendition - and she looked the part!! Her usual feminine frocks were traded for a shredded T-shirt and studded Daisy Dukes, topped off with lazy expanded curls and a groovy headband.
Sam Villa devised the Ribbon Curl technique to help women create this modern relaxed curl with a sense of laziness and soft expansion. The idea is to stretch hair with heat and due to the placement and wrap technique, when hair is removed it bounces back and is curled. Think of the ribbons on gifts that are stretched with a scissor and then curl up once released. Note: When taking sections, the larger the section, the softer the curl.
How To Create a Ribbon Curl:
- Take a medium size section 1 in length and ½ in width and prep with Redken iron silk 07 ultra straightening spray
- Hold section in left hand
- Hold the Sam Villa Signature Series SLEEKR Flat Iron, in right hand with the iron vertical and palm facing head
- Pinch section at base, as you pinch, rotate your wrist so your palm faces you - still holding the section with your left hand
- Slowly slide iron down to the end of the hair shaft and release hair it will spring into a ribbon curl
- Rake with fingers to break up the curl
- Finish with Redken control addict 28 high control hairspray
Give these lazy curls a try and let us know what you think! Leave your comments in the box below and share your photo on Instagram #samvilla.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and checkout SamVillaHair on YouTube for more free education.