Jennifer Lawrence's hair from the Golden Globes has gotten a lot of attention. Why? It suited her personality perfectly and it was soft, yet elegant, without hard lines - perfect for today's deconstructed looks!
Jennifer is known for her down to earth personality and it is written that she is witty and fun to be around.
So, let's break it down Jennifer's hair length is about 6 inches past her shoulders.
Our products of choice are:
- Redken aerate 08 - bodifying cream-mousse (for all hair types).
- Redken fashion work 12 - versatile working spray (for all hair types).
- Redken shine flash 02 - glistening mist (for all hair types). A "shammy" cloth cut approximately 18' long by 6' inches wide.
Here's how to recreate this look:
- Step 1 - Begin with a dollop of Redken aerate 08 in your hands, about the size of nickel. Apply to damp hair from the back to the front, evenly distributing throughout the head.
- Step 2 - Blow-dry with hands to rough up the cuticle.
- Step 3 - Isolate a 2-inch section of the entire hairline.
- Step 4 - Just above the isolated section, begin a fishtail braid from front to back on each side - concentrate on keeping the braid loose and airy.
- Step 5 - Bring the ends of the braid together along with pulling the isolated section into the back area and get creative with rolling and tucking the hair into the nape of the neck.
- Step 6 - Secure with bobbies.
- Step 7 - Spray all over with Redken fashion work 09 to give the hair some hold and replace any ends into the "do".
- Step 8 - Now, here comes the fun part - get your shammy out and use it as a shoeshine cloth, sliding it back and forth over the "do" to create texture without disrupting the construction. This technique gives the "6PM" look instead of "12PM" look with an organic feel - perfect for a night out!
- Step 9 - Finish the look with Redken shine flash 02 glistening mist for all over shine Wearing this look in the salon will create excitement for your clients - practice on each other and your clients will be begging for it!