A short time ago we witnessed the glamour of the Golden Globe Awards. Beautiful, sexy dresses in black and white with sparkly appliqués and hair trending with looks from the 20s and the 60s low, side swept buns, ponytails and soft waves. So what was different at the SAG awards? The dresses pretty much mirrored the Golden Globes Awards but the hair
the hair was trending down
touchable and soft waves
worn down and swept to one side over the shoulder. The look complimented the strapless dresses and the soft, natural make up of the evening. All of the hair from the evening can be easily recreated.
Since we featured Jennifer Lawrences 20s up-style from the Golden Globes Awards, lets feature her again here with this simple technique to recreate her look from the SAG awards:
Products of choice:
How-to recreate the look:
- Place about a nickel-size amount of Redken satinwear 02 in your hands and apply to damp hair from the back to the front, evenly distributing the product through the entire head.
- Next, place a small amount of Redken full frame 07 in your hands, rub your hands together and apply to damp hair from back to front, evenly distributing the product through the entire head.
- Begin drying the hair with your Sam Villa Blow Dryer and your Sam Villa Medium to Large Oval Boar Bristle Brush in sections. The boar bristles will evenly distribute the hairs natural oils and the tourmaline infused nylon bristles will aid in shutting the cuticle resulting in a smooth, shiny finish.
- To achieve the natural waves, use the largest curling iron you have and begin wrapping sections randomly you do not have to be precise about this at all. The more random sections you take the more natural the end result.
- For even more shine, spray shine flash 02 into your hands and rub your hands together. Rake your hands throughout the hair to collapse the waves.
- Spray fashion work 12 on the hair from about the ears downward, spraying at least 8-12 inches away from the head. While spraying, gently take sections into your hand and make a fist, scrunching just enough to give the hair a little texture.
- Gently bring the hair to one side and drape over the shoulder
- Finish the look with quick dry 18 all over, spraying at least 8-12 inches away from the head for a fast drying instant hold, more shine and no-fuss finish
What did you think about Jennifer's hair? Comment below! Check out: How-to Recreate Jennifer Lawrence's Soft, Deconstructed 'Do' From The 2013 Golden Globe Awards