Would you like to know two ways in which you can control unruly fly-aways at the root after you've finished an awesome professional blow dryer? This first technique is great for calming fly-aways and imparting shine.
Recommended for this technique:
How To Get Fly-Aways To Lay Down
- Comb through the hair one last time, getting the hair to lay as flat as possible
- Mist your powder brush with Redken shine flash 02 making sure the bristles are coated
- Working from base to ends, brush the hair to calm the fly-aways - this will also impart shine and luster
- Hot Tip: This is a great technique for your naturally curly hair clients whose hair tends to expand from the humidity
- Take a small section of the curly hair and wrap it around the index finger
- Brush that section of hair with the misted powder brush to tame the curls and add shine
The second technique I recommend allows you to get the hair to lay close to the scalp and will also remove fly-aways and create shine. Recommended for this technique:
How To Smooth Hair at the Roots
- Using the fine teeth of the comb, capture the hair at the base where you want it to lay flat - the teeth of the comb should be pointed down
- Working with your flat iron in a closed position, place the iron directly over the comb and on top of the hair captured in the comb
- With the comb in one hand and flat iron in your other hand - still resting on the comb - begin to slowly slide down the section and stretch the hair to get it to lay nice and flat
Take your finishing from good to great with these simple techniques! To watch Sam demonstrate these tips, see the video above:
If you have any questions or comments leave them in the box below.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and checkout SamVillaHair on YouTube for more free education.