Photo Credit: Regan Cameron
Marie Claire May 2013
That's one sexy ponytail Carrie Underwood!! Or is it a faux bob? Either way, it's a fresh take on a classic.
How To Create a Faux Bob
- To create volume at the crown, isolate hair in the crown and nape area, pin and set aside
- Then, starting 1-2 away from the hairline, take vertical slices of hair, hold straight out from the head and spray with Redken iron shape 11 to protect from heat and hold texture
- At the base of the slice, compress hair with the Sam Villa Signature Series TEXTUR texturizing iron (tip of the iron pointing upwards) to imprint texture
- Work vertically around the head until finished
- Drop crown and nape sections down to hide created texture
- The volume at the base will create beautiful natural fullness in fine hair
- Then, gather into a low loose ponytail, secure with elastic and gently pull hair out above the top of the elastic for a faux bob look.
Create double identity in your hairstyles! Try this out today and share your comments in the box below.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and checkout SamVillaHair on YouTube for more free education.