Lindsey Olson is a seasoned stylist who thrives on inspiration. Her passion and dedication to this industry is truly felt in her innovative creations as a nominee in the 2015 North American Hairstylist Award category for Contemporary Classic & Texture. Click here to jump to our exclusive Q&A with Lindsey as she explains her journey for entering NAHA.
The Tamara Hairstyle
My thought for Tamara was to add a little drama all with keeping the weft-like feel. I just love this shape and how much more unique it is from the collection itself let alone what is currently out there. It reminds me almost of a hat, but with a stronger presence.
NAHA 2015 Contemporary Classic & Texture Category
Photographer: Nico lliev | Hair: Lindsey Olson | Make up: James Vincent | Wardrobe Stylist: Miranda Cazin | Models: Fenton
Styling Tools of Choice
Styling Product of Choice
Color Of Choice
- Zone 1 – Redken Shades EQ Clear Gloss.
- Zone 2 – Redken Shades EQ Cover plus Redken 10 Volume ProOxide to brighten pre-existing highlights.
Tamara Hairstyle How To
I had a lot of hair that went to the middle of Tamara’s back. The prep of her hair is how I was able to do this style in just a few minutes!
- Evenly distribute pillow proof primer and Diamond Oil to damp hair.
- Using the Sam Villa Professional Ionic Blow dryer with Sam Villa Styling Brush perform a directional blow dry.
- HOT TIP - I love the Styling Brush for directional blow-drys due to the tension it creates to help smooth out the cuticle resulting in a smooth soft finish.
- Direct all the hair to the crown working 1/4" sections at a time.
- Work with the Sam Villa Texture Iron and Redken iron shape 11 on 1/4" sections throughout the head leaving out the root area.
- HOT TIP - Work in vertical sections with the Textur Iron for speed.
- Use cord to create a butchers knot ponytail.
- Brush out all of the hair with the Styling Brush.
- NOTE - With the amount of volume the Textur Iron gives, I didn't need to add extensions or backcomb any hair at all. The Textur Iron gives you what you need to create a look like this! It is a must have tool for any stylist.
- Work with Redken fashion work 12 to shape the hair with fingers.
- Secure with large hair pins.
- Once hair is in place use fingers to loosen up the hair around the face for a natural, organic wind blown affect.
To find out what inspired Lindsey to create this NAHA collection click here.
Check out Lindsey Olson's other NAHA how-to hairstyles by clicking the links below.