You've probably used this simple and quick technique at the nape of the neck and now Sam shows us how to create a Top Roll.
To add interest, Sam used his texturizing Iron all over the head prior to styling the roll.
- Place the hair into a high pony tail at the top of the head and secure with a "hair friendly" band.
- Working from the front of the ponytail insert your thumb and index finger underneath the band toward the back of the head.
- Now you're read to pull the pony tail through.
- Twist the pony tail and place it into your inserted fingers and pull it all the way back through toward the front and up.
- Brush back through the pony tail with your professional styling brush.
- Take another "hair friendly" band and place it in the pony tail almost to the end.
- Take a grip pin and place it into the elastic.
- Roll the hair back and secure the grip into the hair.
- Now spread the "roll" out to either side, push it forward a bit to get it where you want it.
This can be done virtually anywhere on the head taking balance into consideration on placement. Really simple and quick... have fun with it!