Introducing the NEW Classic Shears and 14 Tooth
Point Cutting Shears.
Plus Ongoing Hourly TOOL GIVEAWAYS!
When you register for TSMGO you'll automatically be entered to win a new shear set featuring a Classic Series Shear of your choice and a 14 Tooth Point Cutting Shear. ($850 Value)The lucky winner will be announced at the end of the show on 5/23.
What You’ll Learn
The art of haircutting is a dynamic skill set that develops effectively through education, repetition & experimentation. Learn how-to get the best cutting results utilizing the ideal tool for the job by studying the limits & capabilities of hair through our Show Must Go On: Classic Cutting. Each artist will showcase their unique aesthetic, point of view & creative cutting capabilities.
During the show we will also be previewing our new innovative & ergonomically designed Classic Series and 14 Tooth Point Cutting Shears launching June 1, 2021 so you won’t want to miss this event! Expand your skill set & build confidence as you learn innovative new approaches to haircutting.
Sam Villa Co-Founder & Chief Creative Officer, Sam Villa, Global Artistic Ambassador Redken 5th Ave @samvillahair
JESSE LINARES Sam Villa ArTeam Member @Jesse.Linares
ROGER MOLINA Sam Villa Ambassador, Educator, and Light & Shadow Salon Owner @rogermolinahair
MANDA ZIEGELMAN Sam Villa Ambassador, Creative Artist & Educator @mandaziegelman
SCHEDULE MAY 23
Dry Cut to Enhance Natural ShapeSam Villa
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PT | 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET
Dry cutting has become a go-to technique for stylists because so many clients are now embracing their natural texture. This cutting technique is the simplest way to embrace the hair’s organic movement, & follow a visual pattern that enhances the hair’s natural shape. Master this innovative cutting approach to achieve instant results for a lived-in, customized cut. You’ll gain the know-how to remove length & density in all the right areas, & discover time-saving techniques that are tailored to suit each client’s hair type individually.
- See how to quickly identify the hair’s natural shape, density & wave pattern to prescribe the ideal dry cutting techniques
- Watch how to softly encourage movement in your clients’ hair by creating invisible layers
- Learn how to dry cut a Bardot-inspired fringe that’s full of soft texture
- Hear Sam’s go-to finishing techniques for a lived-in modern look
Cutting Inside the LinesRoger Molina
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM PT | 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
Most of the greats of any craft use the basics to build on. In painting, masterpieces are created from basic strokes. In haircutting, it’s the hand & body positioning groundwork that comprise a precision cut. In this class you’ll learn how to create classic lines & build off of them to add modernity to your design work. Discover how you can put a modern spin on a lob with time-saving tools that can give your design work an added edge.
- Learn how to start the blueprint to a precision long-length bob/lob by starting off your cut with balanced sectioning to establish a strong perimeter
- See how-to upgrade your lob with a modern, lived-in perimeter with a high speed texturizing technique for diffused ends
- Master speedy styling techniques that can enhance this classic cut with a touch of versatility
The Shaglet - Hybrid CuttingManda Ziegelman
10:00AM - 11:00 AM PT | 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Want to learn how your guests can have it all in a hairstyle? We’re talking easy texture, get-up-and-go effortlessness that has low maintenance edge, all while framing your clients’ best features?! Welcome to the SHAGLET. Learn how Manda pulls elements of various shapes to create fresh & new silhouettes that are customized uniquely for each client. Tune into this hybrid cutting class to learn how to combine the elements of a shag & a mullet to create a modern, ‘shaglet’ shape.
- Hear how Manda dreams up their hybrid cuts & when you can recommend this unique approach to design work
- See how to combine the silhouette of a shag, with textured interior layering of a mullet & a cool crescent fringe that's tousled with texture, creating the signature shaglet cut
- Learn how you can finish this alternative cut by enhancing the texture & movement with speedy styling hacks
- New! Classic Shears, 14 Tooth Point Cutting Shear
- Signature Series Sleekr® Professional Straightening Iron
- Artist Series Professional Blow Dryer
- Signature Series Thermal Styling Brush
- Signature Series Paddle Brush
- Signature Series Short Cutting Comb
- Pivot Point Lydia Mannequin
- Dry Sectioning Clips
- Signature Series Folding Shear Case
The Modern Wolf CutJesse Linares
11:00 AM -12:00 PM PT | 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET
This voluminous, multi-layered, shag & mullet hybrid is a creative cut we're seeing from coast-to-coast on alternative clients looking to switch up their style. The 'wolf' shag is a take on the cut that is focused on natural texture & movement being directed forward, giving it a modern edge. Learn how to create this edgy rock 'n' roll cut that caters to clients wanting an undone, soft texture that's lived-in & alternative-looking.
- Hear what hair types Jesse recommends this cut for depending on density & texture
- Learn how to organically approach this haircut using pivoting guides
- Watch how to incorporate a shear & blender to encourage movement through weight removal & layering
- See how-to style this rock 'n' roll cut for a modern finish that's fresh