Artist Series Slide Cutting Shear
- Blade Material: Proprietary Japanese Molybdenum Alloy which has been Cryogenically Tempered.
- Forward Set Thumb: Puts hands in a natural, neutral position for reduced repetitive wrist and shoulder strain injuries.
- Blade Design: Curved design to facilitate sliding effortlessly through hair.
- Tension System: Adjustable Flat Tension System with ball bearings, which stabilize the blades for longer wear and better resharpening.
- Pivot Point: Wide Polymer Inlay eliminates metal-to-metal wear, extending the life of the shear indefinitely.
- Edge Design: Smooth Slide™ blade finish allows this shear to slide cut even dry hair without damaging the cuticle. Ideal for all motion cutting techniques.
- Handle Design: Sculpted handle for a wide variety of cutting positions while maintaining positive ergonomics.
Right or Left Handed: Right Handed
Handle Design: Classic Series
Please visit our Support Center for information on our Warranty Policy and Return/Exchange Policy.
Unmatched Softness and Texture
Add a softer and smoother touch to your motion cutting techniques. The Artist Series 6” Slide Cutting Shear is designed to protect the integrity of hair as you slide the blades down the hair strand. The curved blade design and Smooth Slide™ blade finish let you slide cut even dry hair effortlessly, without damaging the cuticle. This shear is ideal for techniques like slicing, channel cutting, pinch and talk, and even point cutting.
Endless Beautiful Possibilities
Control the amount of weight removed by changing how fast you close the blades and the angle of the shear. The faster you close the blades while slide cutting, the more hair slips out, resulting in less hair removal. To cut more hair, close the blades more slowly. Also, cutting at a more parallel angle results in very light hair removal, while a steeper angle takes away larger pieces. This versatility allows you to create an incredible range of styles with one tool.
Experience unparalleled comfort and control. The sculpted handle with a forward set thumb allows you to use a wide variety of cutting positions while maintaining positive ergonomics. Keep your wrist straight and your shoulder relaxed throughout the haircut for a more comfortable cutting experience.