How To Get Soft Waves With a Flat Iron
The flat iron has become a staple tool for today's woman on the go. When buying a new flat iron, you want to search for one that allows you to straighten your hair, add waves and even curl your hair. The Sam Villa Sleekr Straightening Iron not only gives you amazing sleek results, it can additionally give you volume and curl. This hair straightening technique is perfect for a transformation from straight to soft waves and volume in minutes.
- Start with dry hair [learn how to give yourself the perfect blowout at home here].
- Begin your section on the side of your head.
- Before you straighten your hair with a flat iron, lightly mist each section with a heat protectant.
- Secure your top fringe area away.
- Create a diagonal section around the frame of your face.
- Insert your straightening iron at the same angle as your diagonal section.
- Begin compressing your iron as your pull the section across your body slightly turning your head at the same time. This will create natural wave movement.
- As you come to your ends slightly turn your wrist in the same direction. This will add a beautiful curl to your ends.
HOT TIP: If you turn your wrist to much it can create an unnatural bend. If you do not turn your wrist, it will create movement without a curl. This is a great option if you want sleek straight hair with movement.
- Take a vertical section from the back of the ear.
- Repeat the same process as you did before by pulling the hair across your body towards your opposite shoulder and curving your wrist slightly at the ends.
- Create a middle section and pull the remaining back section to the side for a visual read.
- Repeat the same technique through the back of the head and on the opposite side.
- With this look the fringe area is treated as an independent section. Begin with a diagonal section.
- Place your flat iron in at the same angle as your section.
- Start compressing the plates as you turn your head and continue toward the back keeping the iron close to your head.
- This creates movement and a beautiful Victoria's Secret like sweeping fringe.
- Run your fingers thru your hair and smooth into place.
- Spray with Redken Control Addict 28 high control hairspray for a bombshell look that lasts all day.
Now that you have learned how to create loose waves with a flat iron, discover the technique behind creating beach waves with your flat iron! Get the how to here!