How To Do a Twisted Chignon
Step 1: Prep Your Hair
- Take horizontal sections and spray a minimum of 6-8" away with Redken quick tease 15 backcombing finishing spray to protect the hair from heat and for maximum iron results
- Use the Sam Villa Textur® Texturizing Iron tapping the plates down the length to texturize the entire head of hair
- After you have texturized the hair, brush through thoroughly with the Sam Villa Styling Brush to smooth the hair
- Once this is completed you will be able to create amazing looks for a minimum of 4 days!
Step 2: Create Your Part
- Set in your part where you naturally wear it
- Use a Sam Villa Wide Cutting Comb to separate the sides by combing hair off the face and letting it naturally split - this approach will give you a straight part every time
- Create the design by beginning at the top of your heavy side
- Start with a small section, twisting up and away from your face by only adding sections from the front side of the twist - this will keep the front looking controlled
Step 3: Twist Repeat
- Keep adding more sections until you arrive behind your ear on the opposite side of the head
- Secure the section with a large hairpin
- Hot Tips:
- Purchase a quality shower cap - doing so will allow you the experience of a full shower and keeps your texture set intact
- Use a dry shampoo such as Redken Powder Refresh 01 to deodorize your hair and remove excess oils
- You can create amazing new looks every day with three times the volume and minimal styling time -- The Sam Villa Textur® Texturizing Iron is a must have if you are a hair fashionista (or even if you are hair-imparied)
Step 4: Wrap It Up
- Repeat the process on the opposite side of the head, twisting until you have picked up and twisted all of your hair and the twists meet
- HOT TIP:
- When securing a shape with a hairpin begin by placing the pin thru the shape in the opposite direction, then secure it back toward the desired shape using a hook movement
- This will allow for maximum tension and security
Step 5: Create Your Twisted Chignon
- Wrap the entire length of the smaller twisted section around the larger twisted section and secure it with a large hair pin
- Twist the length of your remaining ponytail until it folds
- Use large hairpins and secure your length to create a beautiful chignon
- You have the option to leave your ends out for an edge or tuck them in for a more classic look
Haircutting takes an incredibly long time to master and requires constant education! In the Ultimate Video Guide to ...
Starting your own salon business is a major undertaking, and a big part of that is selecting professional salon equip...
Tousled with texture, these effortlessly cool haircut trends give the perfect stand-out vibe with soft, feminine hues...